I quizzed you a couple weeks ago on Money magazine’s list of the least stressful jobs. Now CNN Money has compiled another list — this time of the most stressful and most underpaid jobs out there, according to their survey.
The results are based on median salary and the percentage of respondents that rated their jobs as stressful. Unfortunately, these positions sound a lot more like the jobs most of my friends and family have than the ones on the least stressful list did! To see a sampling of the most overworked and underpaid positions, read more.
- Social worker: $43,200 median pay; 72 percent rate as stressful
- Parole officer: $38,400 median pay; 58 percent rate as stressful
- News reporter: $32,900 median pay; 62 percent rate as stressful
- Substance abuse counselor: $32,400 median pay; 71 percent rate as stressful
- Commercial photographer: $43,600 median pay; 100 percent rate as stressful
- Film/TV producer: $47,600 median pay; 78 percent rate as stressful
- High school teacher: $43,000 median pay; 65 percent rate as stressful
Do you work in any of these fields, or know anyone who does? Are these results surprising to you?
Source: Flickr User Arthur Legardo