Have you ever purchased something full price and returned to the store a day later to find the very same item on sale? Before you try something complicated like returning it and buying it again, ask if the company honors price adjustments. Most major retails offer refunds to the current price if you bring your receipt back to the store within 14 days. Each store has its own policy and loopholes, but here's what you can expect from some of the big names in price adjustments and price matching.
- Abercrombie — Permits price adjustments within 14 days of your order placement date.
- Anthropologie — Allows adjustments within 14 days of your order placement date.
- Banana Republic — Accepts price adjustments within 14 days of the date on your purchase.
- Best Buy — Will do a price match within 14 days of your purchase date.
- Gap — Offers price adjustments within 14 days of your purchase date.
For five additional retailers, read more.
- J.Crew — You can get a price adjustment on full price merchandise within seven days of the retail purchase or mail order ship date.
- Kohl's — You can get a price adjustment if you bought the item on sale or at regular price within 14 days of the purchase date.
- Nordstrom — Offers price adjustments if the item you purchased is reduced from its regular price within 14 days from your order date. They also have a "never pay more policy," where they will match a price you find elsewhere.
- Old Navy — Honors price adjustments within 14 days of your purchase.
- Wal-Mart — Price adjustments will be given on prior Wal-Mart purchases within seven days of purchase.
Have you had great success doing price adjustments at a particular chain or store? If so, share the company and your experience in the comments!