Have your white towels been looking a little dingy lately? You probably wanted to whiten them in the wash but are a little hesitant because of the potency of bleach. Here are some natural alternatives to bleaching your whites:
- Lemons: Soak your whites in a warm lemon-water mixture for an hour before you wash.
- Distilled white vinegar: Add a half cup of vinegar to your clothes in the washer to whiten and soften fabrics.
- Sun: Hang your whites in the sun to naturally bleach them.
- Borax: Add a half cup of borax, a natural laundry booster, to your wash for brighter whites.
- Hydrogen peroxide: This oxidizer is a natural cleaning powerhouse and has many uses, including whitening your laundry. Add half a cup before washing.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is commonly found in many products that whiten, such as whitening toothpaste. Add a half cup to your regular wash to whiten them.