Pro: Forbidden love can be hot and passionate.
Con: You might have to keep your relationship a secret from co-workers. If the office does find out, it can quickly turn into a awkward situation, and if you do eventually break up, it can become even more unpleasant and humiliating.
Pro: You have an insider's understanding of their work ethic and how they communicate with others. You can talk openly and honestly about current projects or co-workers.
Con: You might not agree with their business decisions or attitude towards co-workers.
Pro: You have the rare opportunity to see each other when you are the most energetic, motivated, and sharp.
Con: If you get in a fight or break up, you'll have to conceal your personal feelings toward one another at the office.
Read on for more pros and cons.
Pro: You're excited to go to work in the morning, and you might even be motivated to pretty yourself up a little more.
Con: If you break up, you might dread going to work in the morning and having to interact with them in a professional manner.
Pro: You skip over the "getting to know you" stage of dating.
Con: Knowing too many personal details about a person can make it difficult to respect them in a professional manner when working together.
Pro: It's exciting to accomplish something professional together.
Con: You might be passed up for a promotion if co-workers find out you have engaged with someone unprofessionally at work.
Pro: It's nice to be on the same schedule and come home at the same time.
Con: You don't get alone time or separation from your significant other.
A few takeaway points:
- Don't get involved unless you could see it for the long-term.
- Make sure you both want the same things in life and from the relationship before you start dating.
- It's better if you work in separate departments or floors, so you don't see one another on a daily basis.
- If you do start dating, talk about how you will treat one another in the event that the relationship doesn't work out.
- Keep it professional while in the office — 9 to 5 is not the time to show any signs of PDA.