As an answer to the frustrations of travelers who can't redeem miles for the flights they want, airlines are becoming more creative with their frequent flier programs. The Wall Street Journal listed some examples that some airlines are offering their customers in exchange for miles:
- A face lift, hair transplants or breast augmentations
- Driving school vouchers
- VIP treatment and access to a Formula One race
- A "spring training package that includes dinner with New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi and pitcher Joba Chamberlain."
- A Habit for Humanity trip to China
- VIP tickets to Saturday Night Live tapings
- Dinner with celebrity chefs
- Designer bags
Would you want any of these items or would you rather get free flights?