The art of crafting an effective résumé should be taught in school since it's so meaningful in our working lives. Most of us learned how to create our résumés from online samples and campus career-counseling handbooks, but those basic examples can only help us so much.
While I'm not a professional career counselor or résumé builder, I have a keen eye for résumé blunders and have been helping my friends with their résumés for years. Think your résumé could use a second opinion? Don't let your accomplished background go unnoticed because it's lacking in presentation — join my Resume Remedy group to get my suggestions on how to bring your résumé from under the weather to perfect health. Share your résumé, minus your personal details, and I'll offer my advice on how to polish it to perfection.
Need directions on how to upload your resume? Just
- First of all, join the Resume Remedy group.
- Click the pink "Post" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a few details about the section of your resume
you need help with and then copy and paste your resume into the blog. Make
sure to delete any personal information like your home address, phone number
and email address.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Resume Remedy group” in the
- Change channel to “Career and Finance.”
- Add the tag "Resume Remedy"
- Click "Next"to submit content.