- Maximize your memberships: Save money this weekend by maximizing the memberships you have. Whether it's sitting in the sauna, popping in a Netflix DVD, or visiting the museum, you're getting more out of your money while spending less on your weekend activities.
- Consider cost-saving and social weekend ideas: When you work so hard all week long, it's tempting to just throw caution to the wind on the weekend and spend your hard-earned money without a plan. Put some thought into your plans and save.
For additional tips, read more.
- Go cash only: It's hard to operate on a cash-only system, but give it a try for two days. By restricting yourself to a certain amount of cash, you'll have to make harder choices about what gatherings are worth attending and which can be skipped.
- Learn how to do something new: While you're spending more time at home over the weekend, apply a few free hours to honing new skills that could also save you money.
- Invite friends over for a clean-out-the-fridge fiesta: Most of us have leftover ingredients from a weeknight meal or some kind of perishable that's nearing its expiration date. Instead of hosting a traditional potluck, invite friends to bring over some of the things in their refrigerators that they're afraid will go to waste.