- Pasta 'N' more, $19.99 (plus $8.99 shipping): GH reported, ". . . Pasta came out a bit softer than al dente, thus the missing fifth star — but the truth is, most of our testers still liked the taste."
- Snuggie, $19.95 (plus $7.95 shipping): The verdict from GH is apparently that it's not worth the money. "Testers liked the Snuggie well enough, though both men and women complained that the sleeves were too long and it took a lot of adjusting to stay comfortably covered. The brushed-polyester material didn't shrink after five washes, but the quality is cheap."
Check out the results for three more products when you read more.
- Bender Ball, $9.99 to $12.98 (plus $7.93 shipping): Not worth the money — according to GH, "Our fitness experts and consumers thought that the exercises were effective, but no more so than an ab workout on the floor or a regular exercise ball."
- The ShamWow!, $19.95 (plus $7.95 shipping): Testers called it "a good product, but with too many grandiose promises." It worked well in some instances, like sucking up cola from carpet, but didn't dry a dog as well as a regular towel.
- Smooth Away, $14.99 (plus $6.99 shipping): The product claims it's "Easy, safe, and painless . . . superfine crystals buff away unwanted hair . . . in moments," but most testers concluded they prefer their regular methods of hair-removal.