- Employee's cat had the hiccups.
- Employee thought she had won the lottery (she didn't).
- Employee got distracted watching The Today Show.
- Employee's angry roommate cut the cord to his phone charger, so it didn't charge and his alarm didn't go off.
Keep reading for six more ridiculous excuses.
- Employee believed his commute time should count toward his work hours.
- Employee claimed a fox stole her car keys.
- Employee's leg was trapped between the subway car and the platform (turned out to be true).
- Employee said he wasn't late because he had no intention of getting to work before 9:00 a.m. (his start time was 8:00 a.m.)
- Employee was late because of a job interview with another firm.
- Employee had to take a personal call from the state governor (turned out to be true).
Which one do you think is the most outrageous?
Image Source: Thinkstock