- Bringing a “how to interview” book to the interview.
- Asking, "What company is this again?”
- Putting the interviewer on hold during a phone interview. After she switched the call back to the interviewer, she said she set up a date for Friday.
- Wearing a Boy Scout uniform to the interview and never disclosing the reason for donning it.
- Showing up to the interview 10 minutes late, then talking about promptness as one of her strengths.
- On his drive to the interview, the candidate cut off and flipped his middle finger at the driver, who turned out to be the interviewer.
- Referring to himself in the third person.
- Taking off his shoes while the interview was going on.
- Asking for a sip of the interviewer's coffee.