Need a guide that covers everything you need to know in life? Learn how to do everything from CPR to create a budget with these life hacks we rounded up.
- General life skills 
- Work 
- Home life 
- Fitness 
- Survival skills 
- Health 
- Tech 
- Beauty 
- Fashion 
- Food 
- Family and pets 
- Car 
- Money 
- School 
- How to make small talk : Start with people who look approachable.
- Relax : Take a mental health day.
- Become self-aware : Take personality tests and observe yourself.
- Avoid procrastination : Just take small steps.
- Gain confidence : Love the skin you're in.
- Speed read : Use your finger to guide your eyes.
- Remember names : Repeat names in your mind after you learn them.
- How to compliment : Be genuine, and don't try to insert yourself in the compliment.
- React to criticism : Don't react right away.
- Give kind criticism : Consider your reasons for criticizing before giving it.
- Tell a joke : All jokes have a formula behind them.
- Manage your time : Plan ahead and stay organized.
- Fact check : Check declarative statements and facts that are stated absolutely.
- How to vote : Question what you hear, and hear both sides.
- Basic math : Learn the basics of arithmetic to help you in everyday tasks like calculating a tip.
- Admit your mistakes : Own up to your mistakes, and make amends.
- Treat someone who is grieving kindly : Don't say things like, "Everything happens for a reason."
- Wrap a present : Place the item in a specialty box to make wrapping easier.
- Be a great bride , maid of honor , bridesmaid , groom , best man , or groomsman : Know your duties.
- Find a lawyer : Call your local Bar Association.
- Spot a logical fallacy : Learn the basics of logic rules and fallacies to win an argument and avoid being manipulated.
- Proper grammar : Be careful of run-on sentences and double negatives.
- Think critically : Practice critical-thinking exercises.
- Improve willpower : Meditating and learning to relax will help your willpower.
- How to look good in photos : Smile naturally.
- Travel light : Use a packing list.
- Make your home look good : Your main pieces of furniture can set the tone for the room, and you should choose a color scheme.
- Use a hammer  and screwdriver : Grip the hammer at the end. Drill a pilot hole before using your screwdriver to ensure the nail goes in straight.
- Paint your walls : Apply paint with a roller with a "M" motion.
- Make cleaning supplies : Vinegar and baking soda are some common ingredients.
- Remove stains : Working on a fresh stain is the most effective removal tip.
- Make your bed: It's actually easiest to make your bed while you are still in it.
- Mow a lawn : Use proper equipment to make sure the edges of the lawn are trimmed.
- Fold your clothes : Properly fold your clothes, so they will be less wrinkled.
- How to iron : Be sure to iron clothes right after you take them out from the dryer, so it'll be an easier task.
- Take care of a plant: Do your research to know what each plant needs.
- Shovel snow : Shovel on the side the wind is coming from; don't shovel into the wind.
- Laundry tips : Learn to make your detergent and other DIYs.
- Hand wash your clothes : Use lukewarm water and a mild detergent or dishwashing liquid.
- Sew a button : Thread the needle through the holes at least eight to 10 times.
- Google search effectively : You can use Google to find things within certain sites.
- Find a good password : Change words or letters to numbers.
- Type faster : Try free tutorials online, and keep practicing.
- Basic photography tips : Observe the rule of thirds (and more!).
- How to exercise no matter where you are : Work on different parts of your body depending on your location.
- The right running form : Relax your shoulders, and land midfoot with each step.
- How to swim : This guide is helpful, but it's probably best to start with a swim instructor.
- The right amount of exercise : Strength train at least twice a week and complete at least 150 minutes of moderate-level cardio each week.
- How to do a push-up  and a sit-up : Keep your abs tight.
- The best time to work out : Start your day right by working out in the morning.
- Cut your own hair : Use the ponytail trick.
- Right way to use sunscreen : Apply it every single day.
- Put on concealer and foundation : Moisturize before application.
- Apply liquid  and pencil eyeliner:  Bonus — add a wing tip  to your eyeliner.
- Draw brows : Brow map to find the perfect shape.
- Smoky eye : Blend in a black gel eyeliner for an intense smoky look.
- How to contour : Know your face type and follow simple blending steps.
- How to curl your hair : Use the smallest curling barrel.
- Basic hairstyles : Keep on experimenting.
- Apply lipstick : Use a nude lip liner to outline your lips.
- Blow-dry your hair : Keep your dryer six inches from your scalp.
- French manicure : Don't use regular tape to help with drawing the tips, because some of them can ruin the base coat.
- How to shave beards : Always use shaving cream.
- Basic hairstyling tips for men : You can use a comb to help you style.
- Trim your nose hair : Don't pluck, and find a good nose-hair trimmer.
- How to perform CPR : Push hard and fast to the beat of "Stayin' Alive."
- Car skids : Ease your foot off the gas.
- Jellyfish sting : Rinse with vinegar, not pee.
- On fire : Stop, drop, and roll.
- Alcohol poisoning : Call 911, and turn the person on his or her side.
- Mugging : Make no sudden movements, and give the mugger what he or she wants.
- Tie a knot : Learning how to tie a bowline and square knot can be really useful.
- Avoid an animal attack : Move slowly, and don't run away.
- Heimlich maneuver : Pull inward and upward.
- Interview for a job : Prepare the right questions for the interviewer.
- Master interview questions : Make a good first impression.
- Negotiate : Know the range you want.
- Get a promotion : Challenge your boss in a constructive way.
- Impress your boss : Be consistent and productive.
- Capture people's attention : Be authentic when telling a story.
- Find your calling : Make a list of what you love to do.
- Make a great hire : Make sure they will be committed.
- Have the perfect cover letter : Tweak your tone for every company.
- Be a good manager : Set goals, and make your employees feel good.
- Better body language : It can affect your confidence.
- Be punctual : Prepare for unexpected delays.
- Take action to prevent breast cancer : Get a mammogram regularly.
- Sleep right : Wake up at the same time every day.
- The right amount of carbs : This should be 45 to 65 percent of your daily caloric intake.
- Improve your metabolism : Up your cardio.
- Right amount of fat percentage : Women need a higher amount of body fat than men.
- Avoid and get over a hangover : Drink a glass of water after every drink.
- Find a good doctor : Don't just rely on Yelp.
- Meditate : Commit to just a few minutes a day.
- Deal with PMS : Don't stop exercising.
- Good posture : Keep your feet flat on the ground when sitting.
- Protect your back : Strengthen your back with exercise.
- Brush and floss your teeth : When flossing, make three scoops under the gum line.
- Read a nutrition label : Reduced fat means 25 percent less fat than the original product.
- Breathe right : You make sure the breath goes down to your gut. Not breathing properly can cause you to have less energy.
- Healthy bowel movements : Your poop should look like a sausage.
- Buy a diamond ring : Learn about the four C's.
- Tie a tie : Keep practicing these moves in front of a mirror.
- Shine shoes : Apply polish to the shoe in small circles.
- Tie a scarf : You can tie a scarf around your neck in 25 ways.
- Tie shoelaces : The best way to tie your shoelaces is to use another direction.
- Perfect scrambled eggs : Scramble the eggs before you put them in the pan.
- Make toast : Toast your bread, spread butter on it, then toast it again.
- Use a knife : Use a rocking motion to mince with your knife.
- Make tea : Brew your tea for two-eight minutes, depending on the tea.
- Taste wine : Swirl and sniff. Learn to recognize when the wine is spoiled.
- Eat with chopsticks : Similar to holding a pen.
- Eat in a fancy restaurant : Work from the outside in with your cutlery.
- Get rid of food : Know when to throw away certain foods.
- Make coffee : Store your beans properly.
- Buy fresh fish : The fish should be taut and clean.
Family and Pets
- Hold a baby : Support the head and neck.
- How to have a healthy marriage : Communication is key.
- Raise a happy and healthy kid : Don't aim for perfection, just love them.
- Good relationship with family : Spend time together, and respect each other's personal space.
- Approach a cat or dog : Keep yourself as small as possible, and let the animal sniff your hands first.
- Understand your cat or dog : They communicate very differently.
- Car hacks you need to try : Shine your headlights, cool down your car, and more.
- Change a tire : Place a heavy object in front of the tires.
- Jump-start a car : Always carry your jumper cables with you.
- Properly use a turn signal : Hit the signal at least five seconds before you change lanes.
- Give driving instructions : Simplify the directions.
- Parallel park : Become parallel with the other car before you start parking.
- How to create a budget : Follow tips to live frugally.
- How much to tip : The average tipper gives 17 to 20 percent gratuity — but it depends on who you're tipping.
- Pay off debt : The first step is to stop acquiring new debt.
- Raise credit score : Check your credit report for mistakes.
- Protect identity : Leave your social security card at home.
- Invest your money : Make sure you have the basics covered like saving for retirement and paying off debt before you explore other investing options.
- File taxes : Figure out if you even need to file taxes to begin with.
- Study properly : Self-testing is one of the best ways to learn material.
- How to get a scholarship : Check out the Department of Labor's free scholarship-search tool.
- How to pay off student debt : Create a plan of attack.