- Swallow pills: Coat the pills with a thin layer of butter to make them go down easier. This is especially helpful for bigger pills and ones that have no coating.
- De-stress cats: If you're moving or throwing a party, your cat can get a bit stressed by the sudden change in the environment. To take her mind off things, put some butter on the top of her paws. She'll be distracted by cleaning herself.
- Prevent cheese mold: Put a thin coat of butter on the cheese after you cut it so it won't get too hard or start molding. This works best for harder cheeses.
- Preserve onions: If you cut an onion in half and decide to leave the other half in the fridge, coat the exposed side with a bit of butter to keep it fresh longer.
- Stop liquid from boiling over: If you add a bit of butter to a boiling pot of liquid, it'll stop it from boiling over. Of course, you need to make sure that the butter goes with whatever you're cooking.
Image Source: Thinkstock