- She learned how to write her own patent from reading a Barnes and Noble book and she saved $3,000 in legal costs.
- She worked at Disney World for three months and spent eight-hour days buckling customers into a ride.
- She's the youngest self-made female billionaire in the world.
- She has never spent money on advertising.
- She owns 100 percent of the company.
- She went from just having $5,000 in savings when she was 29 to owning a billion-dollar company at the age of 41 today.
- She has her eccentric moments, and her husband describes her as "50 percent Lucille Ball, 50 percent Einstein." Some of her goofiest moments include wearing a boot on one foot and a Christian Louboutin heel on the other in Bloomingdale's, and wearing stretchable candy necklaces and bracelets (bought from a nearby candy store) to the Screen Actors Guild Awards because she left her jewelry at the hotel.
- She witnessed a car run over her best friend when she was only 16, and facing mortality at such a young age has driven her. "I think that when you witness death at age 16, there's a sense of urgency about life," Blakely says. "The thought of my mortality — I think about it a lot. I find it motivating. It can be any time that your number's up."
Image Source: Getty