I love movies, so when slinkygirl816 directed me to this very cool site, I had to share. Called 1106, this site features a slideshow of screen shots taken from movies and TV, all at 11 minutes and six seconds into the show. What's the point, you ask? Well, there isn't one really, but the idea is pretty intriguing.
Started by a film geek named Francis Rizzo in 2007, he came up with the idea after his birthday (on November 6, naturally) to capture a moment from all the movies he'd seen as his personal art project. Since then, the number of stills has grown from a few dozen to more than 600 today. It's kind of awesome to see your favorite movies captured at a random moment in time, but it's also fun to try and name the films and TV shows you may not know so well. Call me entertained.
Do you have a cool website like this that you want to share? Learn how to post to our Website of the Day group when you read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!