Time to get in the holiday spirit and decorate your desktop wallpaper!
For simple steps on how to change your desktop, just read more
- Open Display in Control Panel.
- On the Desktop tab, do one or more of the following: Click a picture in the Background list. In Position, click Center, Tile, or Stretch.
- Click Browse to search for a background picture in other folders or on other drives. You can use files with the following extensions: .bmp, .gif, .jpg,.dib, .png, .htm.
- In Position, click Center, Tile, or Stretch.
- Select a color from Desktop color. The color fills the space not used by a picture.
Note: To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.You can use a personal picture as a background. All of your personal pictures located in My Pictures are listed by name in the Background list. You can save a picture from a Web site as a background. Right-click the picture and then click Set as Background. The picture is listed in the Background box as Internet Explorer Background.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Desktop & Screen Saver
- Click Desktop, and then do one of the following:
To use one of the images provided with Mac OS X as your background, select a collection of images from the list on the left, then click the picture you want to use on the right.
- To choose a picture in your home Pictures folder as your background, select Pictures Folder in the list. To choose a picture in another location, select Choose Folder. If you can't see your pictures you may need to save them in
another format (for example, JPEG, TIFF, or PICT) using Preview (in your Applications folder) or QuickTime Pro. For more information, click "Tell me more."
- To have the desktop picture change on a regular basis or at certain times,select the "Change picture" checkbox and choose when you want the picture to change from the pop-up menu. (This may affect the performance of some
applications, such as games, that use a lot of graphics.)
- You can also change the background by pressing the Control key and clicking the desktop, then choosing Change Desktop Background from the shortcut menu.