Houston, we have a costume. Whether you're cosplaying as Dr. Ryan Stone in Gravity or suiting up for expedition Halloween, this is what you'll need to transform into a space-bound NASA astronaut, no space-walk training necessary.
Clockwise from left
- Susana Jumpsuit ($56, originally $98) — A real spacesuit can weigh 180 lbs on Earth, so use this lightweight, slinky jumpsuit instead. This piece also has a beautiful crisscross back. It's a jumpsuit you'll definitely want to wear long after Halloween is over.
- Skateboard Helmet ($20) — There's plenty of oxygen in Earth's atmosphere, so get headgear that'll allow you to breathe freely.
- American Flag Decal ($1) — Wear your nationality loud and proud by sticking this decal on the front of the helmet.
- Bauer Hockey Helmet Shield ($30, originally $40) — This clear glass covering can easily be attached to the helmet with hot glue or superglue.
- NASA Decal ($4) — Make your affiliation known by securing the NASA insignia on the side of the helmet, by the ear.
- Xbox 360 Headset ($15, originally $20) — Buy to communicate with mission control now, and use it to talk to your Call of Duty teammates when Halloween's over.
- Junior Space Backpack ($40) — If you don't have time to get a white backpack and sew the necessary patches on, opt for this ready-made oxygen pack.
- NASA Gloves ($12, originally $16) — White ski gloves would also work as NASA gloves.
- Tretorn Silver Rainboots ($75) — Hop around on the moon's surface with big silver boots.