For me, it's hard to disconnect. I have a much-needed vacation planned, and I know while I'm soaking up the sun on the beach, I'll be reaching for my BlackBerry every few hours like a bad habit. Honestly, I just want to make sure there are no emergencies!
So if you are tethered to your email like I am (but need some well-deserved relaxation) you'll appreciate AwayFind. It's a cool little notification system that forwards any emergency or urgent emails to your phone via text message. This way, I can leave the BlackBerry at home and know that if people really need to get a hold of me, I'll see their note in my iPhone's text inbox.
To find out how AwayFind works, just read more.
Just sign up with AwayFind and type in your preferred away message and settings, like do you want certain AwayFind messages sent as text message and others sent to your personal email? AwayFind has you covered. Plus, you can even check your AwayFind messages online without having to sift through your hundreds of other received emails. It really does make vacationing so much more relaxing!
Want to submit your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group? Here's how to get started:
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!