Yesterday I shared some fabulous photos Lindsb's good friend took at the "The Art of the Brick" exhibit by Nathan Sawaya at the Lancaster Museum of Art and I realized there are probably thousands of you geeksugar readers who have exciting, geeky photos, stories and tips you want to share with me and your fellow geek fans.
Our shared admiration for all things techie, chic and innovative is the primary reason I started the Geeky Things I Love group, where I hope you readers will divulge all your greatest finds - like this custom designed smoked glass, etched with Darth Vader's image on the side of a popcorn machine.
This is different than just bookmarking geek gear you've found around the internet because it offers a place where you can share images and stories of unusual museum or art exhibits, funny gadgets you've found while traveling or even news, reviews and tips I haven't shared with yet. Essentially, I want to know about all the geeky things you've found while trekking the globe, checking out your hometown or cruising the internet.
As always, I'll feature my favorite posts on the geeksugar homepage. To learn how to subscribe to the group post your finds to the Geeky Things I Love, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "museum, Lego")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit