We already know a bit about the life and times of Bill Gates, but during a recent interview with the UK's Daily Mail, we get an even closer look at the billionaire Microsoft mogul. Bill Gates still resides at the top of Forbes's richest list but here are a few facts you may not have known:
- He's an honorary knight — The Queen of England gave Bill Gates an honorary knighthood back in 2005.
- He knows pop music — Bill's kids tease him by singing the Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars tune "Billionaire," and he knows "some Lady Gaga songs," (but only the ones without swear words).
- He's a workaholic — Bill says he didn't take a single day off when he was in his 20s, but now he plays tennis and bridge.
- He's got famous friends — Bill Gates is close friends with Oprah (who he's recruiting to donate a lion's share of her wealth to his 'Giving Pledge’ program), and hosted Bono and his wife at his home overnight after a recent U2 concert in Seattle.
See the rest of the list (including the first things he'd save in a fire) after the break.
- What he'd save in a fire — Bill says that some of the first things he'd save in a fire are documents he's collected from famous historical icons — Isaac Newton, Abraham Lincoln, and da Vinci's Codex Leicester notebook, which he bought in 1994 for over 30 million.
- He's got his eye on future tech — He says the next big thing in technology is speech and voice recognition.
- He proudly calls himself a geek — "Hey, if being a geek means you’re willing to take a 400-page book on vaccines and where they work and where they don’t, and you go off and study that and you use that to challenge people to learn more, then absolutely. I’m a geek. I plead guilty. Gladly."