I know my geeks are a literate lot, so I've dug up a new, free application for Macs to keep your analog books organized electronically. Where GoodReads is a great way to keep track of all books you've read, the download Books is your electronic library for all the books you own.
All you have to do is enter titles of the books you own, and Books will quickfill all the details of that book, including the cover art (once you've selected a quickfill metric in preferences). Once your book is entered, you can keep track of the most important thing about book ownership: the lending history! I'm always loaning my books out all over the place, so being able to keep track of them is going to be ultra useful. I've got to keep my shelves full, you know.
To learn how to post your favorite downloads to the Download of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Download of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Download of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Download of the Day group and share information about all your favorite downloads! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!