I am a huge fan of Mint to help me keep track of my money, but another awesome option may be Buxfer, which allows you to see your financial situation (whether good or bad) at a glance. Like Mint, Buxfer shows you your recent purchases, gives you a pie chart so you can visually see where your money goes, view budgets, and gives you mobile access to your account.
But something unique to Buxfer will come in handy for those of you with roommates: you can set up group access to shared expenses and keep track of who owes what to whom. For example, if I buy groceries for the house, I can split the bill and list what my roommates would owe me so I (and they) don't forget later. Cause these days, who can afford not to get back what they are owed? Not me, that's for sure.
Got a cool website you want to share with everyone? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!