After two full days of scouring the floor for the coolest, most exciting, and most original new gadgets, here is a list of my five favorite gadgets from this year's CES.
- House of Marley iPhone and iPod Dock — Take a look at this gorgeous dock, called the One Foundation. It was one of the first products I had a chance to look at during CES and remained one of my favorites throughout. The entire House of Marley collection is made from eco-friendly materials, and the sound quality is excellent. This $500 beauty is high on my wish list.
- Samsung 7 Series Slider PC — After initially knocking the device for its slide-out keyboard, I got a firsthand look at the tablet/PC hybrid and am impressed with both its form and function. While it would take some serious power to convert this Apple girl into a Windows fan, Samsung's answer to the tablet craze hits closer to awesome than I expected.
- Speck TimeToRock iPod Nano Strap — I love my perfect-for-exercising iPod Nano, and this wrist strap takes it to the next level. It's lightweight, but keeps your Nano accessible. And an included arm strap keeps a long cord from getting in the way during your workout.
- Kodak's 3D printing software — Kodak All-in-One Printer owners can now print photos in 3D with new software. The technology is so cool, I even waited in line myself to check it out. To print a 3D photo, take two photos of the subject, shifting the camera about three inches to the right for the second picture. It's very important your subject stands perfectly still as you snap the photos, but combining them using the Kodak's new software yields a great 3D image that can be printed on most recent Kodak printers and viewed with traditional red and blue 3D glasses. A little bit kitschy, a little bit geeky, all awesome.
- Laptop bags and sleeves from PKG — PKG is a Canadian company who I saw for the first time at CES. After nearly two days of looking at hundreds of bags and accessories, their excellently designed bags and sleeves stood out from the rest. They aren't in US stores just yet, but you can check out some of their offerings on their website. I'm especially in love with an orange version of the Quilted Laptop Sleeve that also has an outer pouch to accommodate the iPad.