When typing on a keyboard and hovering over a mouse for hours per day, expect to see some physical symptoms. Your body wasn't made to hold these positions all day! If you're like me, and your hand cramps up somethin' fierce after working all day, carpal tunnel syndrome could be the culprit.
To fight those cramps, discomfort, and hand boredom in general, do these quick hand exercises for mousing, typing, and touchscreen pointing relief!
Sit or stand while doing the following exercises, and hold all stretches for a count of five.
- Extend your arms and hands out in front of you.
- Stretch both your wrists and fingers upright like you're doing a handstand.
- Then, straighten your wrists and relax your fingers.
- Make tight fists with both hands, and bend them downward.
- Straighten both your wrists, and relax your fingers.
- If you can stand up, shake out your arms and hands.
- Repeat 10 times.
Source: Instagram user krystinafaith