Trishgeek responded to my requests for geek shots and shared a cute picture of what she calls her "day-to-day look."
"Note the t-shirt," she says.
I didn't get the "Schrödinger's Cat is Dead" reference (I know, what kind of geek am I?) but I did a little PI work and found that Schrödinger's cat is a famous illustration of the principle in quantum theory of superposition, proposed by Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. To which I can only respond, "that's what she said" because I don't remember a thing I learned in physics class except Newton's Laws of Motion. Bad news for my private school education, good news for you because you can get the same shirt at Think Geek.
To learn how to post your own geek shot to the group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geek Shot Group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "geekshot")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geek Shots group and start posting your great photos! Yours just might end up on the Geeksugar homepage!