If you have the urge to chitchat with a complete stranger (to vent, escape from work, listen as a random sounding board) I suggest heading on over to Omegle where you are instantly put in a chat room with another person. When I saw this site on makeuseof, I initially thought — do people even use anonymous chat services anymore? I remember back in my early university days (when ICQ was still the most used chat service) sites like this weren't a total taboo — because people were so excited about being able to talk to strangers, sometimes strangers from across the world, via the World Wide Web.
As you can see, I had the typical creepy small talk with my stranger during our chat session, so I do suggest you enter at your own risk. Five hundred dollars says the next questions would either be what was I wearing or what my address is.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!