Skip Nav
Digital Life
9 of the Most Hilariously Memorable Memes From the Super Bowl
Snapchat
1 Mom's Reaction to Snapchat's Face Warp Will Make You Laugh Till Your Insides Hurt
Digital Life
10 Accurate Responses to the Weirdest Super Bowl Commercial Ever

Cotton Swabs Dipped in Alcohol Make Laptop and Cell Phone Batteries Last Longer

Geek Tip: Use Q-Tips to Make Your Battery Last Longer

From the office of Yes, Really comes this tip for maintaining maximum cell phone and laptop battery life: Real Simple advises you to swipe a cotton swab dipped in alcohol across the battery contacts (make sure it's not dripping with alcohol, I assume).

They say this helps "maintain good battery connections and sustain the charge for a longer time."

Well, hot damn. Anyone ever heard of this? I may have to try it!

Source

Around The Web
How to Make DIY Cord Organizers
Christmas Travel Tips
Travel Gadgets and Accessories
Find Lost Photos Online

POPSUGAR, the #1 independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.

Join The Conversation
Susanna Susanna 6 years
You're essentially just removing dust and other particles that impede the electrical charge. Rubbing alcohol evaporates very quickly, so no, it won't cause a fire.
JuteCat JuteCat 6 years
i work at an electronics store and do that all the time for customers....works on old nintendo cartridges too :p
julibul julibul 6 years
is this just to clean it?
SKC-Sparkle SKC-Sparkle 6 years
But if the battery/device that uses the battery heats up, won't this cause a fire?!!
leeluvfashion leeluvfashion 6 years
I always wait for someone else to try the advice/tip, so if the device burns out, at least it wasn't mine. Same goes for testing a loved one's recipe.
Latest Technology & Gadgets
X