Last week's news that the number of cable TV subscriptions is going down — maybe for the first time ever — got me thinking. Could I ever ditch cable for good? I was surprised to find out that over half of you have already canceled your subscriptions! Here's more of what you had to say — I must admit, I'm now giving it some serious consideration!Could you ditch cable completely?
- "Yes, I would and I have before. If I weren't living with my boyfriend, I wouldn't have cable." — a1stbornunicorn
- "I have cable, but with all the content we can get online these days, and Netflix disks plus Netflix streaming through my Wii... I'm feeling more and more like maybe I don't need cable." — suziryder
Check out more of your thoughts after the break.
- "I don't have a TV, so we don't have cable either and are plenty happy without either." — exchequette
- "If money was tight, cable would be the first to go. I can't live without internet." — millarci
- "I'm about to get rid of my cable in two weeks when I move. The last time I moved I went cable free for a little over a year and was fine. I just worry about my bf, who loves to watch sports. If only I could get an a la carte package where you choose what channels you want." — tarabara1229
Image Source: Thinkstock