I love experimenting with different fonts on my computer, especially if I'm creating a special invitation. Unfortunately, there's only so many times I can pass off Comic Sans as handwriting. (Guilty!) While I think it's the closest preloaded font to my handwriting, it's already too recognizable to pass off as my own.
Luckily, I just found a new option. Font Capture. It's so easy to use: download a PDF of the font template, fill in each block with the appropriate letter, scan the sheet, and upload it as a .jpg or .png file. Then, submit the file and Font Capture will deliver your own custom font. The best part is, it's completely free! Plus, fonts work on both Mac and PC, and the site also contains installation instructions.
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the GeekSugar homepage!