If Dad's not really a brunch type of guy, take him out on the town this Father's Day for geek-certified quality bonding time. We've compiled a list of weekend day trips for the scientist, history buff, or adventure-loving dad in your life.
- Digital City Exploration — Take a long stroll together armed with the HearPlanet app for iOS and Android, which acts as a pocket travel guide for your current location, and learn all about your hometown, or take a day trip to a big city nearby.
- Science Museum — Learn how to make an at-home volcano all over again, take a gander at some unusual sea life, and geek out with your science-loving pop.
- Natural History Museum — Discover Earth's origins and the prehistoric creatures that once roamed these lands.
A few more dad-day activity ideas after the break.
- Planetarium — Even in brightest day, star viewing is available at a local planetarium.
- Legoland — If you're lucky enough to live near a Legoland in California or Florida, Dad will be awed by the brick creations, and fans will dig the special Star Wars Days that run all weekend long.
- Movie Screening — Not only is Summer blockbuster season in full swing, but air-conditioned theaters are always a great excuse to beat the heat. Geek out to Super 8 and Green Lantern this weekend!
Source: Flickr User JSmith Photo