If you are an animal and nature lover like me and you just so happen to have a Mac, you will thoroughly enjoy this download. The National Geographic POD is a free download that will freshen your desktop background with a new National Geographic image each day.
To download, click National Geographic wallpaper.
Share your own favorite downloads and widgets with me in the Download of the Day group. To learn how to post your own geek shot to the group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Download of the Day Group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "download of the day" and "National Geographic")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Download of the Day group and start posting your great photos! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!