For all you outdoorsy, hiking and jogging enthusiasts, there is a free download for Mac users called trailrunner that lets you plan workout routes on a geographical map.
You can export route directions as small NanoMaps onto an iPod and import workout data from the Nike + iPod sports kit back into the workout diary. Collect routes, rate your fave tracks and get a geographic display of your workout area.
Click trailrunner to download.
Share your own favorite downloads and widgets with me in the Download of the Day group. To learn how to add your fave download to the download of the day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Download of the Day Group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "download of the day" and "National Geographic")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Download of the Day group and start posting your great photos! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!