Don't tell anyone, but I spend an inordinate amount of time on CasaSugar. I'm obsessed with my home — what goes where, new accessories, new pieces of furniture, new colors — and I am deeply, deeply happy when I can combine my love for making a cozy home and my love for tech. Whether it's hunting for a new HDTV, space heater, or cord solution to hide the ugly part of my electronics, I need the perfect gadgets for my abode. And isn't it great that manufacturers are integrating sleeker designs now, like the Wii, which fits seamlessly into modern interiors?
Therefore, my new obsession is Sweet Home 3D. To see why it is one of my fave downloads,
Sweet Home 3D is a download for Windows, Macs, Solaris, and Linux, and it enables you to put a virtual version of your house together, and rearrange your furniture online! Add in measurements and the pieces you have (or are thinking of getting) to the 2D window, and the window below applies them for a 3D view. Mess with your floor plan without physically doing it and making someone else insane!
To learn how to post your favorite downloads to the Download of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Download of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Download of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen — click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Download of the Day group and share information about all your favorite downloads! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!