The next generation of the Droid family, the Droid 2, was finally announced this morning. Coming with a full QWERTY keyboard and a 3.7-inch multitouch screen, the Droid 2 is packed with all kinds of features to help you at work and at play. For the working geek, you'll get full corporate Outloook push notifications so you'll always be on top of those important emails, the latest Android 2.2 operating system, Flash 10.1, and Mobile Office with a 3G hotspot and tethering for up to five different devices. Plus, with the inclusion of Swype, you'll be able to text and email faster than ever before.
Want to hear about the other fun features that come with the Droid 2? Find out those, along with availability info, after the break.
Other features coming packed in the Droid 2 include:
- 5MP camera with dual LED flash.
- DVD-quality video capture.
- HDMI out and DLNA streaming to a media center or PC.
- Native social networking widgets to give you real-time updates on your Twitter, Facebook, MySpace accounts, and more.
- 8GB of onboard storage, an included 8GB SD memory card, and expandable up to 40GB.
- Pinch to zoom to view photos up close.
- Multimedia station turns the Droid 2 into a working alarm clock, digital picture frame, or full-blown GPS unit in the car.
Bonus — the R2D2 Droid 2 we mentioned last month? It's totally legit and will be sold in limited quantities online this September! The Droid 2 will be available for preorder beginning tomorrow at Verizon stores and online but officially hits the streets on Aug. 12. The Droid 2 will set you back $200 with a new two-year contract after a $100 mail-in rebate.