Confession: I have not read Eat Pray Love. And although I won't get through a single page before it opens today in theaters, I did learn a few fun and geeky facts about the making of the film. Sure, geekery isn't the first thing you think of when you picture this movie (I'm thinking of pasta and hunky eye candy, myself), but I'm sure movie and tech geeks of all kinds will get a kick out of these fun facts. Check them out below!
- It was filmed entirely on location, and in chronological order
- It was shot on film, transferred to a digital format for editing, and then delivered on film again
- It was edited using Final Cut Pro, along with a series of Mac Pro and MacBook Pro computers
- It produced 422,000 feet of film, roughly 70 hours of footage
- It took nine months of pre-production and 40 crew members to bring the movie together