Adding to the already stuffed location-based rewards space, Facebook announced today that it is launching its own rewards program, called "Deals," for people who use Facebook Places. So far only a small number of Facebook users actually check in on Places, but the upcoming rewards are sure to entice users to hit that "Check In" button.
So far the Palms Casino in Las Vegas, The North Face, Gap, and more have jumped aboard the Facebook Places rewards program (with over 20,000 more businesses to come) and are offering some pretty sweet deals. Find out what they are after the break.
- The first 10,000 people to check in to a Gap location get a free pair of jeans.
- Through Dec. 29, when guests check in to the Palms in Las Vegas, they will see a deal notification to either extend their stay for one night, or upgrade for free (two-night minimum required).
- Claim special rewards and discounts at Macy's through Nov. 14.
- Get 20 percent off at American Eagle and H&M.
- The North Face will donate $1 to charity when any Facebook Places user checks in.
You'll recognize a deal by the yellow square at each location within Places. Just touch the icon, see the deal, and claim! Will this reward incentive make you use Facebook Places more often?