There's a rumor going around on Facebook that the new location feature, Places, tracks your whereabouts at all times. The rumor is false, but it's creating quite a panic within the social network community. Facebook can't and won't track your every move, but you can inadvertently broadcast your exact location to the world if your profile is set to public.
Want to learn how to adjust your privacy settings and shut down Facebook Places for good? Then just keep reading.
Here's a few guides to help you adjust your settings, keep your profile private, and shut down Facebook Places for good:
- Take control of Facebook Places and learn how to edit your Places privacy settings.
- Here's how to use Facebook Places only with close friends.
- Five things you should know about Facebook's privacy controls.
- Take your privacy mobile with the new Facebook mobile privacy page.
- While you're at it, keep all your other social accounts private as well.