I know there're plenty of ways for you to discover new music online — from Pandora to my new fave, CitySounds — but I'm about to add another to your bag of tricks. Called Gnoosic, this website asks you point blank what bands or artists you like, works its analyzing magic, then spits out a list of recommended artists you might fancy.
Sure, it doesn't have a fancy interface like Pandora, but it's smart — it's a self-adapting system that has compiled thousands of band names from users, then learned what people like and don't like based on its rating system. Plus, it's free and won't ask for any registration to use, so I don't know why you wouldn't give it a shot. Your ears will thank you.
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the GeekSugar homepage!