I hate having a song stuck in my head and having absolutely no way to figure out what it is. My tone-deaf humming to friends generally just makes me look and feel crazy. And if you can't think of the lyrics, it's not like there's a Google search to help you. With midomi, all you have to do is hum or sing the part of the song that you do know and the site records you, and then turns up matches (which can be hit or miss, but that might be due to my, ahem, not-quite-so-lovely singing voice). Even funnier, it'll let you listen to the parts of the matched song from other users.
But honestly, is there anything more satisfying than figuring out the song that has been plaguing you — without turning up blank looks from all your friends? You catch my drift. To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!