Thanks to TeamSugar user Girl C for submitting a hilarious story to our Funny Tech Stories group. Her story reminds me that while it's often easier to just take over and help someone fix their computer problems, there are some people that aren't worth reasoning with. Girl C shares:
"I'll start by saying my boss is a tool, and not a useful one! He's the kind of guy that hears a phrase and latches on to it and then uses it over and over without knowing it's meaning. This past month he learned about defragmenting the computer. Someone told him about it and now he 'needs' it done all the time. Today he called me into his office and said 'Uhh C, did you defrag my computer today?' Me, 'Yes.' He's made it part of my duties to do it to his computer daily! 'Well, it's running slow. Do you think I need to defrag it again?' I peered at his screen and he had about 30 different programs open, including several instances of Internet Explorer. I could either explain he's probably maxing out memory or I could just say yes. So I said yes.
Have you every had an outrageously funny tech experience like this one? Does your dad still call e-mail his "www"? Share your Funny Tech Stories in our group. For help,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Funny Tech Stories
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Download of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Funny Tech Stories and start sharing all your hilarious tech stories! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!