The Rasterbator is a brilliant application that creates huge, rasterized images from any picture. All you have to do is upload an image, print the resulting multi-page pdf file and assemble the pages into a beautiful (or disturbing - it all depends on your original image choice) poster that can be up to 20 meters in size. Yes, that's right, you can now create that enormous John Mayer art piece you always wanted.
It's relatively easy to use. You can either upload a file from your computer or use any file that is publicly available on the Internet. You will need a modern browser (Mozilla or Firefox are recommended) with Macromedia Flash Player 7 and you will need Adobe Reader (or other pdf viewer) in order to print the image. After you have cropped the image and selected a desired size, the rasterbated image will be sent to you as an easily printable pdf file. Visit the Rasterbator website for tips, galleries of amazing images and more about the application.
For some of my favorite images from the Rasterbator, read more
Share your geek tips in the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky group! See guide below.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek tip")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky and start sharing your favorite tips! Your tricks just might end up on the Geeksugar homepage!