Today's geek tip is kinda like Google's movie search shortcut because once you use it a couple of times you end up relying on it a couple times a week. I'm not a huge Yahoo user, but when I read this tidbit on lifehacker I knew it would be something I'd use time and time again. Next time you need any travel info about a particular destination, just go to Yahoo and type in the location and Yahoo will provide a visitor's guide, hotel list, restaurants, flight info and a beautiful flickr slideshow. You can also check out the "Top Rated Things To Do" in that particular destination with user reviews of each one so you know what you are getting yourself into beforehand!
Do you know a great shortcut or tip you think geeksugar readers should know? Share it in our 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek tip")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky and start sharing your favorite tips! Your tricks just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!