- Prelabel Your Gmail Addy to Sort Out Spam — You can add the plus sign at the end of your Gmail address to sort email into specified folders. This is not only great for organization, but it can also alert you when someone has sold your email address for unsolicited spam.
- Send Email From Different Addresses in Gmail — If you're like me, you probably have multiple accounts that you use for different reasons. Did you know you can write all of your emails within Gmail using different external addresses if you so choose?
See the rest of the tips when you read more.
- Use the New(ish) Drag-and-Drop Feature — Finally, you can drag and drop attachments while using Gmail. Instead of clicking "Attach a file" and searching for attachments one by one, you can just drag the photo, document, or other attachment onto the message.
- Work in Several Gmail Windows — One of the best features of Apple's Entourage and Microsoft's Outlook is the ability to work in several different windows, composing emails and reading responses. Good thing you can do it in Gmail too.
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts in Gmail — First, enable keyboard shortcuts in your Settings menu. Then, use these fast and easy keyboard shortcuts to navigate!
Got a geek tip you want to share? Join the Guide to All Things Geeky group and blog it there. Your tip could be featured on GeekSugar.