Google + is still fairly new to the social networking masses, and if you're dabbling in the fresh waters, then you could probably use a little guidance. Here, a few tips to help make your experience easy, seamless, and fun.
- Beginners guide to Google+ — Before you get too excited, flip through this step-by-step guide that teaches you all the basics about the social network.
- Google+ for iPhone — Go mobile with this Google+ iPhone app that lets you access your circles, stream, and sparks all on your iOS device.
- Disable Instant Upload — In case you didn't know, the default Google+ application settings on an Android phone will automatically upload new photos and videos to a Google+ album, but the photos and the album itself will remain private until you sign into Google+ and specify which images you want to share with select circles. If you still don't want your pics auto uploaded to the cloud, this tip will show you how to switch off the feature.
- Publish Sync for Chrome — If you're a Chrome user, there's a new extension called PublishSync that will allow you to sync your Google+ updates with other social network accounts like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others, letting you publish one update to multiple accounts.
- Quickly scroll to the top of the page — Want to jump back up to the top of the page after scrolling down through lots of Google+ updates? Just click on the black nav bar to jump to the top of your profile page. It's sure to be an awesome time-saver for you and might also prevent you from getting blisters on your scrolling finger.
- Get Gmail notifications in Google+ — The Chrome extension Native Gmail For Google+ allows you to get a second notification box (alongside your Google+ notification box) to see when you have incoming Gmails in your inbox. Sweet!