Skip Nav
Link Tme
Why It's Time to Start Deleting Apps Off of Your Smartphone
Geek Culture
See "World's Biggest Git" Percy Weasley in a WHOLE New Way
J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling Said THIS Is Her Favorite Harry Potter Theory

Googleganger

Definition: Googleganger

Similar to a doppelganger, who is your physical twin, a Googleganger is someone "with the same name as you whose records and/or stories are mixed in with your own when you Google yourself."

True story: When I started dating my boyfriend, he Googled me, only to find someone with the same name as me who wrote awful amateur love poetry. Luckily, he liked me enough to see past the terrible poems — at least until he told me he saw my poems, and I explained that I merely had a Googleganger!

Source

Around The Web
Join The Conversation
AngelR AngelR 7 years
My Googleganger is a really famous porn star and it sux cuz i cant google myself or anything without disterbing images of her and alot of people google me.
chlobear chlobear 7 years
I have one of those! She's a 6 year old.
sarawithoutanh sarawithoutanh 7 years
I have 1) someone who writes bad poetry and romance stories, which is potentially problematic since I am also a writer, and 2) someone who not only shares my name but is also from my home state and is about the same age as me who won a large amount of money in the lottery. If anyone I've ever dated Googled me and found Googleganger #2, they may have been disappointed to eventually learn it wasn't me :p
looseseal looseseal 7 years
Googleganger - Hee! Love it! Fortunately my one and only googleganger seems to be a smart computer science person. I'm in the creative sector, so this is going to make both me and her appear incredibly well-rounded, I guess. I wonder if she's embarrassed by my reviews of campy b movies on Amazon, though. And my comic strip. OMG she has way more to be embarrassed about than I do. Haha.
looseseal looseseal 7 years
Googleganger - Hee! Love it! Fortunately my one and only googleganger seems to be a smart computer science person. I'm in the creative sector, so this is going to make both me and her appear incredibly well-rounded, I guess.I wonder if she's embarrassed by my reviews of campy b movies on Amazon, though. And my comic strip. OMG she has way more to be embarrassed about than I do. Haha.
KadBunny KadBunny 7 years
Whooa this is news to me! But I guess my name is pretty.. unique. As in 80% of the people I know can't say it right and the other 20% being relatives and Filipinos anyway. :P
neko neko 7 years
The only Googlegangers I have are random college kids.
db1974 db1974 7 years
I also have a Googleganger who writes incredibly bad poetry. I just want to shake them and beg them to stop. I think only 4 people in the world have my name and she happens to be one of them.
JeffaLynn JeffaLynn 7 years
I have a children's author.....and a stripper.
graduatedsqueaks graduatedsqueaks 7 years
I also have the same name as a poet/writer...she's got myname.com (first and last name!) and it kind of annoys me... oh well...as long as people end up figuring out who I am instead of just googling me!
lizrocks lizrocks 7 years
I'm lucky in that my name is pretty generic. I'd think my screenname would be more identifying but a) I've several of those and b) it's not exactly original either.
psychobabble psychobabble 7 years
It's funny to see how man people have the same names. I shared my maiden name with an author who wrote a lot of books about Wicca. My married name pulls up other people's resumes, I've never found anything that would be embarrassing or need serious explaining!
Mute Pokemon Go Chrome Extension
How to Delete Google History
Lenovo Phab 2 Pro Phone Details
Google Search Black Teenagers
Google Allo App
Google Home
Google Announcements 2016

POPSUGAR, the #1 independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.

From Our Partners
Latest Technology & Gadgets
X