Little known fact, today is national Embrace Your Geekiness Day. That's right people, it's one day of the year we geeks are told to embrace all the character traits that make us so special. I'm talking about those gadget-loving, internet-sleuthing, all knowing qualities. Here is my list of things you must do today in honor of the holiday.
- Egosurf: In case you don't know, egosurfing is the act of searching for one's own name, or online nickname, using any search engine. This helps you keep track of your online identity and will undoubtedly produce a couple of laughs. Look for images, news articles and whatever web junk you can find.
- Clean Your Inbox: It's not fun, but cleansing improves everyone's mood. Archive all the good stuff and dump the junk.
- Harry Potter: If you haven't seen Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix you better direct your Nimbus 2000 to the theater. Don't forget to take some Butterbeer with you. (If you're over 21 try the cold recipe!)
- IM: Instant messenger has been keeping computer-minded types in contact for a good decade. If you've outgrown your instant messenger log on just for today and say hello to your real and virtual friends.
- Use Office Slang: If you haven't already it's time to introduce a little Office Slang into your vocabulary. You have to make the Cubicle Farm entertaining some how.
For the rest of the list,