I have a few tips on how to keep your monitors squeaky clean and healthy after the break.
- First, stay away from any all-purpose household cleaners and anything containing acetone, ammonia, or alcohol, which will strip away your LCDs protective coating.
- Power down your monitor before you begin.
- Start by using a soft cloth (like microfiber) to dust off your monitor and gently wipe down your screen. Steer clear of paper or bath towels, which will cause scratching.
- If a dry wipe down won't cut it, use a lightly moistened cloth to give your monitor a good cleaning. Try using distilled water, or a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and distilled water.
- Use light, rapid circular movements, which will help reduce streaking.
- If you don't want to chance your own cleaning mixture, you can also pick up a pre-made solution like iKlear, which is good for cleaning your computers, as well as other gadgets and monitors.