With all of the color printing that people do nowadays, it's hard to find ways to print inexpensively. There are ways to reduce printing costs on inkjet printers. When you have an inkjet printer set to print in color, most of them will use all of the colors to print black areas. This uses the color ink faster than needed. One trick you can use with a color inkjet and black and white laser is to divide the printing on a project up between the printers.
Want additional tips on how to save ink and money? Just read more
- Print draft copies using only the black ink cartridge and save your color inkjet printer cartridges for final proofs.
- Many printers let you choose the amount of ink in an options dialog. Use lowest ink settings for general printing.
- Invest in an ink refill kit. They come with ink, tools, and everything you need to refill your ink cartridge. Some cartridges can be refilled from 5 to 10 times.
- Recycle and save money by buying a remanufactured inkjet cartridge.
- Look for compatible inkjet cartridges instead of the manufacturer's brand. They are just as good.
- Buy your printer cartridge refills and toner cartridges in quantity to get a better price and free shipping.