For those of you who are decidedly anti-iPhone and had to suffer through the parodies, strategies and general chatter, I sincerely apologize for the pain you must have endured this past week. For those of you who battled the lines, camped out and sat patiently at your desk until you could order online- congrats! The iPhone has officially been released on both coasts and while I was unable to catch New York's Greg Packer get his, I was able to catch the San Francisco campers getting theirs. It was madness, insanity and utter chaos, and we loved every minute of it. Minutes before the final hour, the Apple staff was lead into the building, where they roared with iPhone chants and a proper countdown. And as the clock struck 6 pm, those first in line - including our friends Jerry, David and Dale - all ran into the store to get their long awaited treasures. It was a glorious moment indeed.
To check out more images from the iPhone release front lines read more
Want more? You can check out macgirl's photos from the line at Fashion Island Apple store in Newport Beach, Ca. I must say, the queue there looks a lot more civilized than the one in San Francisco. Of course, if you waited in line don't forget to share your photos in the Geeky Things I Love group. To learn how to share, see the list below.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "museum, Lego")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geeky Things I Love and start sharing your photos. They might end up on the geeksugar homepage!