We often talk about navigating dating in a digital world, and just when we thought we had it mastered, the witty folks at McSweeney's come up with a list of ineffective (in our techie circle that's debatable) technology pickup lines. Here are our top three come-ons from McSweeney's, plus three crowd-sourced from the GeekSugar Facebook page. If someone approached with you these gems, would you run for the hills or stop to learn more about the Casanova's Klout score?
- "Do you come here often? I do. I’m the Foursquare mayor, actually, which means I come here more than anyone else. That reminds me, I need to check in . . . "
- "My Klout score is an 83, which makes me a Thought Leader. There’s a lot of pressure to stay relevant and forward thinking, when you’re that influential. A few sub-par tweets and I could be downgraded to Specialist. I mean, not that there’s anything wrong with being a Specialist . . . you’re not a Specialist, are you?"
- "My U.S. Alexa ranking is 22K, which is fairly impressive for a blog about soft cheeses. It’s not always smooth sailing, though. It can be difficult coming up with compelling content. Brie sort of loses its luster after a few years, you know?"
Check out the GeekSugar Community's science loving pickup lines after the break.
- "You know, Einstein was a sexual deviant."
- "I’m attracted to you so strongly, scientists will have to develop a fifth fundamental force."
- "Can I buy you a drink while explaining the big bang theory?"
Do you have a pickup line guaranteed to work on a geek? Bonus points for use of puns.