A few days ago one of our hippest readers gave me a brilliant suggestion: Let's have a Mii challenge! For those of you that have not been initiated into the Nintendo Wii world yet, Miis are customizable player characters that you can dress and model after yourself, or your favorite celebrity. I featured the brilliant work of one flickr user that made Miis for the entire cast of The Office and if this adorable cat photo is any indication, I know plenty of you are out there playing with your Wiis and wasting time.
So how do you join the geeksugar Mii Challenge group or make a mii online?
Don't have a wii?
You can make on online
And I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the geeksugar Mii Challenge
- Click "Participate!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "food and entertaining"
- Add keywords (for example mine for this post "Mii, Nintendo, Wii" etc.)
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the geeksugar Mii Challenge and start sharing your awesome Miis. I'm hoping for some Christina, Britney and Mandy. Just a starting place.
By the way, the cute kitty photo is from one of my favorite websites, wiikitty.com.